We had Jake's 4 month appointment this afternoon. We saw a new doctor in the practice. Josh and I were really hoping we liked her better and she didn't send us to see another specialist like we had to do the last 2 times we went to the doctor. Thankfully we were much happier with this doctor and felt like she listened better and was much more confident in her doctoring ability. When she was checking him out she called him a hoss and said he was perfect. He is growing fabulously and is right on track with average growth (although he is above average in everything, more on that in a second). She also said he has met all but one of his 6 month milestones! Sitting is the only one he hasn't mastered. He was not a fan of his shots (I'm not either so I don't blame him!) and it took a lot longer to calm him down than it did last time. It was so sad when he started screaming.
Ok now the fun stuff, stats:
Weight: 17 lbs 84th percentile
Height: 25.5 inches 68th percentile
Head: 16.75 56th percentile
So above average in everything but growing at the average rate. Sounds like we just have a big boy on our hands!
And late breaking news (as in while I was writing this): Jake just scooted himself about 6-8 inches forward on his belly. WHOA!
Holy cow he is almost caught up with Presley in weight. At her 2 year check up she weighed 24 lbs.
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable!!! I can't wait to kiss those chubby sweet cheeks again!