So we went and looked at the house again tonight. When we got there our realtor told us that she had spoken with the sellers realtor and the sellers realtor informed her that there are 3 offers already on the house (I know it is a short sale but, WHAT?!). But the sellers realtor also said that in not so many words that offering asking price would probably be the best route to go, which we were already planning on doing. Our realtor also told us that she got a call 15 minutes before we were supposed to see the house saying that the house can't be shown tonight (WHAT?!). So our realtor does some talking and ends up getting the seller to agree to letting us see the house. Well it is 6pm and we go to get into the house an there is a note on the door, please don't show until 6:15, I am showering (WHAT?!) So we walked around the house looking at the outside then awkwardly on the sidewalk in front of the house looking like a bunch of stalkers. So at 6:25 we finally get in to look around. Get a good look and some pictures. Decided yes indeed we do want to make an offer on this house even though it will be competeing with 3 others. We went with a full price offer (which is a very fair price).
So now we go back to waiting, our realtor said it could take up to 2 months (WHAT?!). *sigh* So while we wait we will be continuing to look. If we find something in the mean time we can, without penalty, withdraw our offer. Which seems like a pretty good deal to me. So back to waiting AND looking. I may post pictures of this house, Josh went a little nuts so we have tons, but I am still contemplating that. We are trying to get overly excited since we could be waiting so long. So that's it on the home buying front for now!
Friday, April 24, 2009
Saturday, April 18, 2009
New Possibilities
We went out and looked at 8 more houses today, add that to the 5 we saw on Wednesday night and I think that brings us to 33 or so houses total. While once again we found a few houses that we liked (and some we didn't) and a few neighborhoods that we liked (and some we didn't) it has proven difficult to find a house that we like in a neighborhood that we like. I feel like we are super picky!
On Wednesday we found a house that we really liked that included all of the furniture (!). It was an older house but was completely redone, and the neighborhood was nice but didn't have all the features we are looking for (like I said, we are picky!). So we decided that we would go ahead and keep this house on our list, but go ahead and keep looking.
Today we found another house that we love (check!) in a neighborhood we love (check!). So we are going to check it out again on Friday with my mom and possibly (probably) make an offer on it. Woohoo! So that is all the news we have for now. As we make more progress we will keep updating!
On Wednesday we found a house that we really liked that included all of the furniture (!). It was an older house but was completely redone, and the neighborhood was nice but didn't have all the features we are looking for (like I said, we are picky!). So we decided that we would go ahead and keep this house on our list, but go ahead and keep looking.
Today we found another house that we love (check!) in a neighborhood we love (check!). So we are going to check it out again on Friday with my mom and possibly (probably) make an offer on it. Woohoo! So that is all the news we have for now. As we make more progress we will keep updating!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Not so good news
We heard from our realtor today. Apparently after the sellers got our offer and saw the comps that we used they realized that they are upside down on their house. So they have decided to pull it off the market. *sigh* I am ok with not getting the house, but I am a little upset about how it happened. We were prepared to negotiate and not be able to come to an agreement, but not for them to just pull it off the market. I think their realtor should have done a better job of helping them be realistic in deciding on a listing price and giving them a heads up that they were upside down as opposed to listing it (and it has been on the market for 3 months) and then getting an offer and finding out they were not going to be able to sell. I got a little attached to the house honestly and really love the neighborhood. But we will continue looking. Hopefully we will be able to get out in the next week or so and see some more houses. I know that we will find OUR house, it just may take a little bit longer than 3 weeks. :)
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Some pictures
I talked with our realtor today, she got an e-mail from the seller's realtor saying that she was meeting with the sellers today to discuss the offer. But we are at almost 24 hours since we submitted and haven't heard anything. I have rationalized this out by saying that if they both work they didn't get home until 5:30-6pm then ate dinner and then met with the realtor to discuss the offer. And it took us a day to come up with what we wanted to offer so maybe it is taking them a while to come up with what to counter.
Wow! Apparently I am once again overthinking. How about I continue to wait, but while I continue to wait I figured I would post some pictures.
View from the front door
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Waiting....
Well we officially made our first offer on a house! Josh and I went to look at the house again (me for the third time, Josh for the second) and decided that we wanted to go through with the offer. So we headed back to our realtors office and looked at some numbers and came up with a place we wanted to start. About 8:15 this evening we officially submitted our offer. Now we wait. We don't know how long we will be waiting, or really what we are waiting for. We know that we want to be waiting for either acceptance or a counter, but we don't know when either or if either of those will come. Hopefully we get some news in the next 24 hours, our realtor said she will stay on top of the seller's realtor tomorrow and try to get us news ASAP. So until we hear something, we wait.......
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Offer?
My mom, a good family friend, Brent, I went out and looked at the house again on Saturday. I asked both my mom and Brent to come looking for anything they could find wrong with the house. We actually went and looked at our #3 house too which got moved up to #2 this weekend after #2 now has a contract pending on it. They both thought #2 was great but agreed that the neighborhood was lacking. So we went on to #1 and we measured the spaces in the bedroom and living to make sure all of our furniture would fit. Then we got to work looking over the house to see what we could find wrong with this house. Other than painting, there are only a few things that need to be fixed and those a minor issues. So after an hour of looking at this house up and down, inside and out I decided that I wanted to make an offer. I called Josh and we talked about it and decided that since this house has 90% of what we want and will require minimal work to move in we should go ahead and make an offer this week. Josh does want to go see the house one more time before making the offer so hopefully we will be able to get out there on Wed to get this done. We have decided to make a lower offer than what they are asking because we feel they are asking really high for this house.
So with all of this going on I have been feeling a little nervous, excited, overwhelmed! This is a very nervewracking process. I can't imagine how I am going to feel once we actually put the offer in.
So where was Josh this weekend? He was in Houston for Wrestlemania with some friends. I am glad it is a pay per view and I can't watch it because I am sure they are making fools of themselves! But I am glad he had a chance to get away for the weekend and relax.
Well we will update again after we make the offer and find out something!
So with all of this going on I have been feeling a little nervous, excited, overwhelmed! This is a very nervewracking process. I can't imagine how I am going to feel once we actually put the offer in.
So where was Josh this weekend? He was in Houston for Wrestlemania with some friends. I am glad it is a pay per view and I can't watch it because I am sure they are making fools of themselves! But I am glad he had a chance to get away for the weekend and relax.
Well we will update again after we make the offer and find out something!
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
New Blog
Welcome to our new blog! We are starting our house hunting journey and want to be able to share our journey, eventual new home, and anything else we are up to with our friends and family.
As of now we have looked at about 20 houses and we have a top 3 list. One of them is really tempting us but I think we are going to wait a little while longer and see some more houses. There are a ton of new ones going up for sale every week so we have a lot to pick from! Hopefully we will find something we love pretty quickly because this is a stressful process!
As of now we have looked at about 20 houses and we have a top 3 list. One of them is really tempting us but I think we are going to wait a little while longer and see some more houses. There are a ton of new ones going up for sale every week so we have a lot to pick from! Hopefully we will find something we love pretty quickly because this is a stressful process!
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)