So we went and looked at the house again tonight. When we got there our realtor told us that she had spoken with the sellers realtor and the sellers realtor informed her that there are 3 offers already on the house (I know it is a short sale but, WHAT?!). But the sellers realtor also said that in not so many words that offering asking price would probably be the best route to go, which we were already planning on doing. Our realtor also told us that she got a call 15 minutes before we were supposed to see the house saying that the house can't be shown tonight (WHAT?!). So our realtor does some talking and ends up getting the seller to agree to letting us see the house. Well it is 6pm and we go to get into the house an there is a note on the door, please don't show until 6:15, I am showering (WHAT?!) So we walked around the house looking at the outside then awkwardly on the sidewalk in front of the house looking like a bunch of stalkers. So at 6:25 we finally get in to look around. Get a good look and some pictures. Decided yes indeed we do want to make an offer on this house even though it will be competeing with 3 others. We went with a full price offer (which is a very fair price).
So now we go back to waiting, our realtor said it could take up to 2 months (WHAT?!). *sigh* So while we wait we will be continuing to look. If we find something in the mean time we can, without penalty, withdraw our offer. Which seems like a pretty good deal to me. So back to waiting AND looking. I may post pictures of this house, Josh went a little nuts so we have tons, but I am still contemplating that. We are trying to get overly excited since we could be waiting so long. So that's it on the home buying front for now!
I really hope something works out for you guys soon!
ReplyDelete