Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

We have had a busy week here! Last Saturday Josh was supposed to be coaching a rugby game that we were all going to go to but it got cancelled and turned into a practice. My friend Bethany and I had talked earlier in the week about going to one of the local cloth diaper stores and checking it out. She is pregnant and planning on using cloth, yea! So it just gave me more time to hang out with her. We went and checked it out and while it is nice for the occasional one or two things, I will still be doing most of my ordering online. I am waiting for the day that more cloth diaper stores can actually have a store front and more of a selection (this store was run out of her garage).

On Thursday I took Jake to Gymboree (the gym, not the clothing store). Back in August or September my mom bought a groupon for a month of classes and the one in Allen just opened this month. The first class is free so we will get to do 5 weeks of classes. Jake LOVED it. There are only 3 other kids in our class and he likes the music and dancing. He just took off and crawled all over the room checking everything out. I can't wait to go back this week.

Yesterday we were gone most of the day. Jake and I headed to April's baby shower in the morning. Jake was fascinated by all the big kid toys that were there so I wasn't able to get any pictures with the very pregnant April. We can't wait to meet baby boy when he arrives, hopefully in the next few weeks! We had a great time visiting before we headed home to meet my mom and Josh to head off to the pumpkin patch. Jake was so fascinated with EVERYTHING at the pumpkin patch. We couldn't get him to look at the camera or smile because he was too busy looking at everything else! We spent a while walking around just taking pictures before actually looking for a pumpkin. Then we took pictures while we looked. Jake liked the hay and kept trying to eat it and pumkpins. He also thought throwing pumpkins or pushing them off the hay or benches was fun. We finally found our pumpkin and then headed to dinner. Jake got to try broccoli for the first time at dinner. He seemed to like it, but did not want to sit in the highchair very long. Hopefully as he gets bigger going out to eat will get a little easier. After dinner Josh headed across the street to Pizza Hut Park to coach a rugby game (which was apparently a pretty impressive setup, Jake and I will have to go next time). My mom and I headed to the mall and Jake got a pair of shoes to wear when it is cold. I'm not sure how he is going to react to the shoes since he has only worn shoes maybe twice in his life. We finally got Jake home and he was so exhausted. Poor kid had a long day!

Pictures!
One of the few smiles we got


Love this picture

Way too interested in all the people and pumkins to pay attention to the camera

Daddy and pumpkin boy

Jake liked playing with the little pumpkins

Yummy

Trying to eat the scarecrow


He had pancakes and a baked apple one day and was covered in food because he just attacked it

Happy Baby

2 comments:

  1. You got some great pictures at the pumpkin patch!! He is so adorable!!
    Thanks again for coming out on Sat! It had been a long time since we've seen each other and I was glad to get the chance to catch up!

    ReplyDelete