We headed to Denton yesterday for the first of 3 weekends in a row up there. Yesterday was for the first football game in the new stadium. We got there early because we had to get Jake a new shirt for this season and wanted to have some time to check out stadium and we knew it was a long walk from where we were going to park and the stadium. So we walked through campus a little bit on the way to and from the bookstore then headed to the stadium. Like I said, we knew it was going to be a long walk, we just underestimated how long! We decided not to take a stroller so we didn't have to deal with it at the stadium so I carried Jake in the sling on my back. It took us about 25 minutes to get to the stadium and another 20 to get through the crowds and activities and get to the other side of the stadium where some friends were tailgating. It was a hike!
Jake did great during the game, he hung out in the stands the whole time going back and forth between Josh and I and playing. He loved the fireworks and cannon after we scored. He kept asking for more. Unfortunately North Texas lost and after the first half we didn't have many fireworks or booms from the cannon. We stayed to the end though and hiked back to our car when it was over. I am really excited to go to more games this season now.
Jake and I had a playdate with Ausin and Kathleen at a playground last week. The boys didn't really play with each other but it is always fun to hang out with them since the boys are so close together. We are planning on trying for another playdate this week; hopefully the weather cooperates and doesn't get to hot.
The only picture I could get of both boys together, they were watching the guys mow
No comments:
Post a Comment