Monday, May 14, 2012

Sick Baby

As I said in the last post, we have a mildly sick baby on our hands. So far we have been lucky in that none of his illnesses have been anything that we needed to see the doctor for. But on Friday Jake started to have some drainage from his eyes. After nap time though he woke up with one of his eyes all goopy. Intially I thought pink eye, but his eye wasn't pink so we decided to wait until Saturday and see how he was. He did not sleep well Saturday night and got less than 9 hours of sleep (instead of his normal 10.5-11.5). So we called the doctor's office first thing Saturday morning and got in for the first appointment of the morning. Unfortunately the doctor that we saw was the doctor that we switched from when Jake was 2 months old because she was so alarmist about everything. But she said that it didn't look like pink eye, but a sinus infection that has his sinuses so clogged up that he has stuff coming out of his eyes.

Poor dude. Fortunately, he isn't really feeling too bad most of the time. But he is on an antibiotic and eye drops. He takes the meds fine, but we had to do some fancy talking and decided that his eye drops are now Magic Mickey Drops. He tolerates them much better knowing that. Hopefully he will be all better in the next few days and we can get over this first real illness and avoid another one anytime soon!

And for some more excited things, pictures! These are random pictures from the past month or so.

 Wearing Grammy's shoes

Helping daddy hang some shelving

Help! Help momma! I stuck! (Yes, I took a picture before I helped him get unstuck)

No comments:

Post a Comment