We spent the 4th with a few families that live on our street. We had everyone over to our house for a bbq. This was the first time we have had all our neighborhood friends over with their families and it was great! It started out a little rough when Jake and one of the twins from down the street that is the same age as Jake decided they wanted some of the cake that was on the table. Somehow they managed to get the cake to the edge of the table and knocked it off. It landed frosted side down on the floor. Oops. I really wish I would've thought to have grabbed the camera before we cleaned it up because the boys were sitting there with the cake between them licking the whipped cream that was on their fingers. It was too cute! We managed to save the cake, it somehow did not break at all during the fall, it just wasn't as pretty as it had been! I also failed to take a single picture while everyone was over. I get caught up in talking and watching Jake play and forget about the camera.
We tried to talk everyone into going to see fireworks but being in the middle of the week some people (the dads) had to work the next day. (Side note: I LOVE that Josh gets to be home during the summer!). So we headed out when everyone left to go to our city's 4th of July festival. Jake got to jump in the bounce house and play in and on a firetruck. Both of which he loves. Then we had to find a spot to sit and watch the fireworks. He LOVES fireworks. It is so cute watching him get so excited about them!
Jumping in the bounce house
"Driving" the firetruck
Running around waiting for fireworks
"Wow! Amazing!" Loving the fireworks
First ice cream cone
All gone!
No comments:
Post a Comment