It has really been non stop here since March. I don't think we have had a free weekend since then actually. And I think May has been the busiest so far. This weekend we will have a chance to relax some finally.
We started May off with my 30th birthday. That seems crazy. I was pretty sure I wasn't older than 26. But I can't really complain. I couldn't ask to be in a better place in life right now. A great husband, two adorable and amazing little boys, my dream job, a nice house. I mean really, it doesn't get much better than that. To celebrate, Josh threw a surprise party. Which is a difficult feat since I am not gone very often. So it was kind of a backwards surprise party in that I was already here and people just started showing up. It was a great evening with our family and friends. I also got a fun new camera to play with. A good camera that helps me catch the boys doing something cute while they're still doing it instead of after the moment has passed!
For Mother's Day this year we headed to brunch then to my mom's to plant flowers for her. It was pretty low key other than that. The boys played in the little pool grammy bought last year. Well Jacob played and Owen wanted to but the water was cold so he wasn't a fan of being in it and he couldn't make up his mind about what he wanted to do.
Next up was our anniversary. 7 years. It is crazy to think about where we were and what we were doing 7 years ago. I was still in school, Josh was still at the Y. Those things seem so far away now. We have done so much and come so far since then, but at the same time it doesn't seem like it has been 7 years! Josh surprised me by taking me to a Dave Matthews Band concert the weekend before our anniversary. He arranged for my mom to come watch the boys and just told me we were going somewhere outside. We had a great time at the concert and it was a fabulous surprise! Josh got tickets to a Cowboys game, but obviously he has to wait until the fall to go to that.
These events probably all deserved their own posts, but time is not my friend lately! So some pictures to go with this post.
Playing with my new camera and a great picture of flying baby
Mother's Day
Mother's Day again, with my boys
This is not warm like my bath water!
Splashing around
Much happier playing on the side of the pool
Before church this morning. They are adorable.
No comments:
Post a Comment