Friday, May 14, 2010

Mother's Day and other stuff

Long time no blog! We had a little bit of a rough week around here, Josh had been getting sick last weekend, then had a slight fever Monday night, was better Tuesday morning, Tuesday night spiked a fever of 103*, by Wednesday morning it was just a low grade fever, but he called and made a doctors appointment for Thursday. Of course his fever had been gone for 24 hours by the time he went to the doctor. But the doctor said he most likely had a virus then caught something bacterial so he gave him a few days worth of antibiotics. We were hoping that Jake wouldn't get whatever Josh had, but he did end up with a a little cough and congestion. But he hasn't had a fever so I think he didn't get the worst of it and doesn't seem to feel bad at all.

So back to Mother's Day. We stayed pretty low key this year, just went to church and hung out at home. My mom came over and Josh made steak for dinner and I made a cake. So not much there and really it was nice after the week from hell last week.

In Jake news, he has been sleeping really well. He has slept 10 hours once and 8.5-9.5 hours much more often. Although we have had a few nights here and there that he is up every 3.5-4 hours or wakes up after 5 hours then goes back to sleep for another 5. He has pretty good timing as far as when to wake up though. Oddly enough I seem to be more tired on the nights that he sleeps all night than I am when he gets up once! He also decided the other afternoon that he did NOT want to do tummy time, so he rolled to his back, and I rolled him back to his tummy, and he rolled back to his back. We did this about 8 more times! Too bad he wouldn't do it for Josh later!

Not much else going on here. We haven't been able to take Jake to the pool yet because it won't stay warm and or sunny enough for us to go! I am hoping we can take him before the end of the month though!


Our backyard with the diapers drying...I love how colorful it looks!

Hanging out on the floor

Flying with daddy

Silly baby!

Playing with daddy

Jake's Mother's Day outfit

With my babies

No comments:

Post a Comment