Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Allergy Tests

We have been busy around here. Between work, rugby games, cleaning and getting ready for company for Thanksgiving we have been going and haven't had a lot of relxing time. We did take Jake to an allergist and had him tested after his blood test came back positive for eggs, milk and peanut allergies. Thankfully though, when we went to the allergist and they did a skin test it was only positive for eggs. So no eggs for a while and he will get re-tested in a year. The doctor said his levels are really low on the scale. Less than .05 is not allergic and Jake is .2 for eggs, which is level 2 out of 6 (6 being the worst). The doctor also said that he thought he would outgrow the egg allergy, which would be great.

We also had to go to the allergist for his flu shot, since flu shots have eggs in them he could've had a reaction to it. We did what is called a challenge test. Jake had to have 10% of the shot then wait 30 minutes to see if he had any reaction, followed by the other 90% then another 30 minute wait. He did fabulously! I was nervous about him getting two shots like that and I took him by myself so I wasn't sure about having to hold him down. But he was great and he didn't even cry for the first shot, not a peep! And the 2nd one he fussed for just a second (literally) and I think it was more because I was holding him down than because of the shot. He didn't have any sort of reaction to it so that is great.

Aunt Gini, Al and Page got here today so we will be super busy for the next 5ish days. Hopefully getting lots of pictures since I have failed to do that the past couple weeks.

No pictures today because I am too lazy to upload them tonight and there aren't very many!

1 comment:

  1. Have fun with Aunt Gini, Al and Page!
    I just noticed your ticker...I can't believe he's almost 10 months old! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete