2 Months
Owen is officially 2 months old. I can't believe it has been 2 months since he was born. And I hate that it goes so fast! We have his 2 month appointment next week, so we can see just how big baby giant is.
Right now his favorite activities are nursing (which if I let him he might do all day), smiling, and sleeping. He is just now starting to enjoy spending time on the floor looking around but if he is being held he wants to be upright so he can see. He gets carried in a wrap a lot and that is how he prefers getting around. He will tolerate the carseat in the stroller for a short time but it is definitely not his favorite. He loves his big brother and likes to watch him be crazy, although it confuses Owen when Jake is holding him. He likes to stare at me and gets pissed off if he can't see me. That can be a bit of a problem when I go to work, but he is starting to get that daddy is ok too. He likes to suck but refuses to keep a pacifier in his mouth. He has to have his right hand by his face when he is sleeping. He does some good napping in the swing during the day and other than hanging out in his crib for a few minutes so I could help Jake he hasn't spend much time in there. The whole hand by the mouth thing doesn't work so well for swaddling and he moves so much in his sleep that he wakes himself up, so he sleeps best swaddled, but then freaks out when he can't find his hand. Since the swing is constantly moving, when he wakes himself up by moving it puts him right back to sleep. He has been doing good 5-7 hour stretches of sleep at night which has been fabulous for me and crappy for my boobs. They are not happy after 7 hours. He tends to get fussy in the evenings and just wants to nurse constantly from about 7:30-9/9:30. We have been so lucky to get two pretty easy babies! I hope that continues if we have more.

No comments:
Post a Comment