Swimming
We took the boys to the pool for the second time about a week ago. It was much warmer this time so Owen got to go swimming for the first time! He was ambivilent about the whole experience. I sat on a step with him for a while and he was just hanging out contently then I got in the water in and fell asleep the rest of the time. Silly boy! Jake has apparently developed a fear of swimming, well a fear of everything, (but really it is just an excuse he likes to use).
We went again a little over a week later and again Jake was saying he was scared to swim. So I took him and did a mini refresher course on swimming. Which was basically just letting go of him and telling him to kick. He had no problem swimming. But it took about 20 minutes of that and some bribing (after he asked to go home and take a nap) before he suddenly said, "I can swim!" And then after another 30 minutes of showing everyone at the pool at he could swim, he did not want to leave. Crazy kid. But he now loves swimming again and asks to go everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment