Monday, August 24, 2015

Kindergarten

I am so far behind here, I need to write a summer catch up post. But today, kindergarten.

Somehow my big boy is officially a kindergartener. I don't really know how that happened. He has been so looking forward to it and was so excited for this day. I am so excited for him because he is going to love it and do great, but I am sad for me. It means my boys are growing up. In my job I frequently see kindergarteners and I get to see how much they grow and change in kindergarten, physically, mentally, emotionally. I know when Jacob is done with this year he will no longer be my little boy. But little boys grow up so here we go.

We went to meet the teacher night last week and were slightly thrown off and surprised when we were told Jacob's teacher would be out for two months for maternity leave, so he would be starting his school career with a long term sub. I was pretty nervous about that but emailed the principal for some reassurance that Jacob would be in good hands. I am thrilled with the principal for indulging my crazy first time kinder mom anxiety and being understanding about it. We have heard fabulous things about this entire school and since finding out who Jacob's teacher is, wonderful things about her. So I am still nervous but am hoping for the best. I know Jacob is a pretty adaptable kid as long as he knows what is going on so I'm sure he will be fine. We did get to meet both his teacher and the sub on meet the teacher night, and Jacob was the last one out of the classroom. He was so excited and wanted to do everything that night. We also found out two of his friends from our street would be in his class.



We have been practicing getting up (well I have been practicing getting up early, Jacob is always up early) and getting ready in the mornings for the past week. So this morning Josh stayed home and we made a big breakfast before getting dressed and getting out the door. Jacob was done quick and ready to go about 25 min early. We got the mandatory first day pictures done before heading off to ride/walk to school. Jacob looked so big riding his bike down the sidewalk with his backpack on. We made it to school early and took some more pictures there before getting to his classroom and getting him settled. Of course, as soon as we got his bike to the bike rack he was saying bye to us and we had to remind him, no no we are walking you to your classroom today. I had the hardest time when it was time to say bye to him. But we said bye and left, he of course was fine.


Bye brother!

I am so excited to pick him up and hear everything that he did today!

No comments:

Post a Comment