Friday, May 22, 2009

Teacher of the Year Gala

Last night was the Teacher of the Year Gala. Josh had found out in January that he was nominated for beginning teacher of the year. He wrote and essay and his principal wrote a letter of recommendation, both which a committee based the winner off of. Josh unfortunately did not win (I highly disagree with this decision!). But I am proud of him for even being nominated. And we had a wonderful time at dinner. It was short and sweet too, always a bonus! Here are some pictures from last night.



Josh and I at the Gala




Josh being announced and walking across the stage



Josh with his award (he also got a bag full of goodies)


In house news, we recieved the contract signed from the sellers. We signed it tonight when we got home and Josh is taking the contract, escrow check, and option check to our realtor tomorrow morning. Our inspection is scheduled for next Tuesday at 2pm. So we should know at that point if there is anything majorly wrong with the house, if not, we proceed to, what else, more waiting! Waiting until June 22nd to close. At least we will be packing and planning to keep ourselves busy. We are hoping the next month flies by! I can't wait to start planning a housewarming party!

I will update more as we hear more about the house!

Until then below are a few pictures from our anniversary dinner at Five Sixty.



At dinner on our anniversary with the skyline in the background



Yummy dessert



In the elevator after dinner, trying to get the skyline again



In front of the Reunion Tower sign

1 comment:

  1. We disagree with their decision too! =)
    I'm so excited for you about your house! I wish I could come visit to see it, but not this year.
    Happy late anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete