Sunday, July 26, 2009

12 weeks

We had our first houseguests today! The Parker family came over for some pool time and dinner. Josh got a grill this week so I know he was super excited to use it! We had a great time hanging out with them celebrating having our house and their hopefully new house soon! It was one of the first times the fact that we are really in a house felt real, April and I were inside with Miss Presley and the boys were outside grilling. We are definitely looking forward to many more fun evenings with friends in the future!

So we are at 12 weeks, according to my dr that means I am in my 2nd trimester, but technically I still have a week or so left (if we are splitting this 40 weeks evenly). So I will wait to officially celebrate that until after 13 weeks. This week has brought a lot of the same.


How far along? 12 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -1 lb from the day we found out, so I gained 1 lb this week
Maternity clothes? I am either wearing shorts that have elastic or maternity pants regular shirts still
Stretch marks? Nope and I would be ok if I went the whole time without them
Sleep: I am definitely less tired during the day but I am still getting tired at night.
Best moment this week: getting more settled in the house
Movement: None at this point...we have a while
Food cravings: I really don't get hungry for anything specific but force myself to eat or I feel sick
Labor Signs: Nope..Many weeks away from this.
What I miss: Having more clothes to choose from, I guess I need to get some more maternity clothes
What I am looking forward to: Having another ultrasound this week, I am excited!
Weekly Wisdom: Working out definitely gives me more energy than when I don't work out!
Milestones: Hitting 12 weeks, even though its not technically the 2nd trimester I am past that point of constant worry about miscarriage (although I guess the worry about monkey is just starting!)


How Monkey is growing:

The most dramatic development this week: reflexes. Your baby's fingers will soon begin to open and close, his toes will curl, his eye muscles will clench, and his mouth will make sucking movements. In fact, if you prod your abdomen, your baby will squirm in response, although you won't be able to feel it. His intestines, which have grown so fast that they protrude into the umbilical cord, will start to move into his abdominal cavity about now, and his kidneys will begin excreting urine into his bladder.Meanwhile, nerve cells are multiplying rapidly, and in your baby's brain, synapses are forming furiously. His face looks unquestionably human: His eyes have moved from the sides to the front of his head, and his ears are right where they should be. From crown to rump, your baby-to-be is just over 2 inches long (about the size of a lime) and weighs half an ounce.


I included two pictures this week. We take two every week, one with a shirt and one with my bare belly I just usually post one. But I want to be able to compare them all when I am further along so I will start posting both of them.




1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun last night!!!! We love your house, it's beautiful!! I think Presley really enjoyed sitting on top of baby Rodriguez everytime you held her Brooke! So cute. I'll post pictures sometime within the next day or two.

    ReplyDelete