Thursday, July 16, 2009

Finally...10 weeks post!

We are all moved into the house! It was a long and tiring and frustrating day yesterday. We had a ton of problems with the movers that I am still dealing with. But we slept here last night and it was great, although a little weird, to wake up in our own home! We also met one of our neighbors last night and she is so sweet. I went to check the mail today and she had left us a nice candle and card. Josh had to work today but this was my day off so I spent the day at the house sort of unpacking (I was/am exhausted!) and letting in the cable guys and alarm guy. So we now have a home phone, cable/internet, and our alarm system set up.

It is starting to feel like home now. We have the living room and bedroom mostly unpacked and decent looking, but the study is over run with boxes and stuff right now. But since right now I haven't been in that part of the house much it isn't bothering me too much.

On the baby front, I have another appointment and ultrasound in two weeks that I am really looking forward too. Monkey should look more like a baby and less like a blob this time! I will try to update tomorrow with week 11 updates!

What Monkey is up to this week:

Though he's barely the size of a kumquat — a little over an inch or so long, crown to bottom — and weighs less than a quarter of an ounce, your baby has now completed the most critical portion of his development. This is the beginning of the so-called fetal period, a time when the tissues and organs in his body rapidly grow and mature.He's swallowing fluid and kicking up a storm. Vital organs — including his kidneys, intestines, brain, and liver (now making red blood cells in place of the disappearing yolk sac) — are in place and starting to function, though they'll continue to develop throughout your pregnancy.If you could take a peek inside your womb, you'd spot minute details, like tiny nails forming on fingers and toes (no more webbing) and peach-fuzz hair beginning to grow on tender skin.In other developments: Your baby's limbs can bend now. His hands are flexed at the wrist and meet over his heart, and his feet may be long enough to meet in front of his body. The outline of his spine is clearly visible through translucent skin, and spinal nerves are beginning to stretch out from his spinal cord. Your baby's forehead temporarily bulges with his developing brain and sits very high on his head, which measures half the length of his body. From crown to rump, he's about 1 1/4 inches long. In the coming weeks, your baby will again double in size — to nearly 3 inches.


Definitely something in there!


Gabrielle at Chuck E Cheese



Playing the the playplace, she didn't come down for a good 10 minutes!




Gabrielle and Emmylou




Chilling in our pj's in the morning


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are at your house and are getting stuff unpacked!!! Can't wait to see pictures!

    You look so cute. You are so thin, you're going to show early! I can't believe you are almost in the second tri!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all moved in! Bummer you still have to unpack now...so jealous that you woke up in YOUR house today! That belly is getting cuter and cuter!!

    ReplyDelete