Tuesday, August 18, 2009

15 Weeks

Sorry this is late! My cousin Lindsay is in town and we have been hanging out with her. I have another doctors appointment on Thursday of this week and at that time we should be able to schedule our big ultrasound! I will do my best to remember to update about that, in some sort of timely manner. I am also going to put up a poll on the right side of the blog (right over there --->) so you can vote on what you think Monkey will be, a boy or girl! I still have no idea at this point.

On to the weekly update.

How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 1lb...woohoo!
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively maternity clothes, I can still wear some loose regular shirts but have gotten more maternity shirts and they look better at this poiint
Stretch marks? Nope and I would be ok if I went the whole time without them
Sleep: I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night because I get in a position that is uncomfortable...like right on my stomach
Best moment this week: We went to Hurricane Harbor with Lindsay for Monkey's first swim lesson
Movement: None at this point...but I lay on the floor at night and try to feel something!
Food cravings: Nothing specific this week
Labor Signs: Nope..Many weeks away from this.
What I miss: A bigger variety of clothes to wear
What I am looking forward to: Hearing Monkey's hearbeat this week
Weekly Wisdom: Standing all day makes my legs tired much more quickly than normal
Milestones: Ordering furniture!

What Monkey is up to this week

Your growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds. Finally, if you have an ultrasound this week, you may be able to find out whether your baby's a boy or a girl! (Don't be too disappointed if it remains a mystery, though. Nailing down your baby's sex depends on the clarity of the picture and on your baby's position. He or she may be modestly curled up or turned in such a way as to "hide the goods.")


And lastly, the past 2 weeks of pictures (I finally got my camera to cooperate)






2 comments: