Saturday, May 29, 2010

4 Months


Our baby is 4 months old already! People always say time flies when you have kids and I now believe that! He is growing so fast, I can't wait to take him to the doctor on Wednesday to get his official height and weight. Although I am definitely not looking forward to him getting shots.

New things Jake is doing at 4 months:
-Finally starting to take a little bit longer naps
-Definitely recognizes Josh and I
-Rolls from his back to his belly (he did this a few times sporadically this week, then today he has been doing it constantly, then gets mad that he is on his belly)
-Rolls from belly to back once in a while
-Holding his body and head much more steady
-Grabbing EVERYTHING! And putting almost everything in his mouth.
-Sitting at the table with us for dinner, he does not like being in the bouncy to the side anymore
-Swimming! (Well going in the pool and sitting in the float)
-Generally being awake much more and sometimes throwing a fit when it comes to taking a nap
-Laughing all the time!

In other news of the week, Josh's birthday was yesterday. We stayed pretty low key, just did present and dinner at home. We are doing dinner and cake tomorrow at my mom's. Josh also only has one week left of school (well 4 days). I know he is ready to be out for the summer. Once he is out he will have Jake on the days I work. I know he is excited to have all the time with Jake, I am slightly jealous that he gets to spend most of the week with him for the summer! Grams bought Jake a highchair and Josh put that together this week. He has only been in it once but seems to like it. I think he will be happier in there while we eat dinner. For right now he will just be sitting and playing in it, hopefully he gets used to it by the time it is time to start eating baby food! Other than that not much is going on here!



Josh put Jake in bed and then made the beb

Silly Cosmo sleeping

In his new highchair

2 comments:

  1. Jake is cute, as usual! Already throwing a fit at naptime...oh boy! haha. Adleigh screamed when Elijah took a toy from her the other day. Lovely.
    Cosmo is seriously sleeping in that picture?

    ReplyDelete