Easter weekend
We had a fun but very busy Easter weekend. Josh had Friday off and the morning was spent doing yardwork while Jake and I ran around doing errands, then did some Easter art with shaving cream and paint. Jake loved playing in the shaving cream! After nap time we dyed our eggs, Jake was super excited about dying eggs. I think he was slightly disappointed since there isn't really much to do once they are in the dye. But he enjoyed watching them and deciding when to pull them out. It was nice to have an almost full 2nd day of the weekend with both Josh and I here!
Josh and Jake headed to our community Easter Egg hunt Saturday morning, which Josh described as crazy because so many people were there. But Jake had fun and got lots of eggs and candy (and nice and muddy since it had rained the night before). We headed to Beckley's birthday party after nap time and when I got home from work. He had a blast playing with all the kids there. He just makes friends with everyone so he never has any issues just playing. He didn't want to go when it was time to leave, but he was worn out from his long and busy day! He also didn't want to sleep that night but we told him that the Easter bunny couldn't come until he was asleep and he settled right down.
When he woke up Easter morning Josh and I both headed in there. I wish I had grabbed the video camera because he was hilarious. (Really I need the video camera on 24/7 to catch all of his hilarity) He didn't see his Easter basket immediately but when he did he asked "What is this?!" Followed by "My Easter basket?!" Once he saw it he started going through it, very slowly and trying to eat all the candy as he was going through it! After breakfast we headed to meet Grammy at church. We got there early but the main church was full (sort of, a lot of people were just holding seats for people that weren't there yet which is super annoying), so we headed to the gym where they were having another service just 10 minutes later. I was really annoyed since Jake has a routine at church and I didn't want to screw that up, but it turned out to be good. The priest that Josh and I really like was preaching in there and he is very kid friendly. And Jake did fine since he had Grammy to crawl all over the whole time. After church we headed home and just hung out the rest of the day with Grammy. Jake got to do some more egg hunting at home as Grammy and I hid eggs for him. Then he hid them for Grammy. He was loving the egg hunts!
We had talked about not doing much over that weekend since we needed to make sure Owen stayed in until April 1, when my short term disability insurance kicked in. Obviously, we ended up super busy! Of course. But Owen wasn't ready so we are good now! Anytime he is ready he can come now!
No comments:
Post a Comment