Saturday, May 4, 2013

2 Week Appointment

Friday we had Owen's 2 week appointment. According to the doctor, he is perfect. I love hearing that. She was also impressed with Jake's big brother skills. Jake was very concerned about the doctor checking Owen's mouth and ears. She was also impressed with his weight gain. She said it is normal for babies to be back to their birth weight by 10-14 days old. Owen is almost a pound over his birth weight. Clearly he is getting plenty to eat!

So 2 week stats:

Weight: 10lbs 9oz    
Length: 22 1/4 inches

He is in the 92nd percentile for both. Big boy!

We also had our first "normal" week this week. It went much better than I anticipated. Jake has been amazing! He loves to help change poopy diapers, he sits on the changing table and hands me supplies then wants to see the poop. He will also get me things if I ask him while I am nursing Owen and he has mostly been very patient while Owen is eating. We spend at least an hour every morning playing on the floor together while Owen is in the swing, so that has been helpful. We also got out a couple of times, which ended up going really well, again better than I anticipated. I can only hope  most of the coming weeks go as smoothly as this week did. I know there will be some rough weeks, but I know that they can go well so I hope that gets me through the tough ones.

In Jake news, he just seems so much bigger now. Holding him, cuddling with him, just holding his hand, everything about him just seems bigger. It is definitely one of those bittersweet  moments. He is growing up and doing so much and he loves it, but it is hard to see my first baby as such a big boy and definitely not a baby anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment