Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Catch Up: Mother's Day and One Month

I keep thinking of things I need to write and then never manage to have time to sit down and actually type them. It doesn't help that I spend most of the day holding the current winner of the world's cutest baby title and when I'm not doing that I am playing with the big brother. Which means lots of other stuff doesn't get done. I usually get one or two things done around the house a day.

Mother's Day
We had a pretty low key Mother's Day, just how I like it. We went to brunch with Grammy in the morning then came back to our house and planted the flowers Grammy gave me for Mother's Day and just hung out until dinner. I love being Momma to my two boys and couldn't ask for anything more. 

Next up, Owen is 1 month old!
It is so weird that he is already a whole month old! He has spent the majority of the month being held by me. Jake has grown up so fast and I know that Owen will do the same so I am taking advantage of every minute of this time. He is pretty attached to me (or my boobs, but I like to think it is me) and likes to sleep on or next to me, so he has been sleeping in our bed which I don't mind at all.  He slept in the pack n play for the first time last night. He loves to eat, we are in trouble when he gets older, our grocery bill is going to sky rocket! We have settled in to a general non routine routine during the week which consists of a lot of sitting on the couch nursing. He doesn't like a pacifier so when he wants to sleep or eat or just needs to be calmed down, he wants a boob. Right now that is working so it is fine, plus it has greatly helped my milk supply. In return for all that nursing, he has lots of poopy diapers (Jake's favorite!). Sleeping has been variable. Some nights we will get a good 4.5 hours in the first stretch and sometimes he is up every 2 hours. He also thinks he is a big boy and lifts and holds his head up pretty frequently, kid is strong! He usually spends at least one nap time in the swing and has been playing on the floor more often in the last week or so. I headed back to work on Saturdays last weekend so he had his first bottle. Josh said it went ok but he didn't eat nearly as much as he does when he nurses. He is a mostly laid back kid, but he does get fussy in the evenings. Which is solved by letting him nurse, but sometimes he eats too much and spits it all back up. That is always fun to clean up! We are also starting to get some real smiles. Jake got Owen to smile the first time last week by tickling him. It was the cutest thing ever. We did attempt to go to the pool last weekend, but it got cloudy right before we left, it was windy, and the water was cold, so Owen didn't get in and Jake was only in for a few minutes before declaring it was too cold and he was ready to go. We are going to try again this weekend. It is supposed to be warm and sunny through the weekend so hopefully that helps warm up the water a bit! We have settled in to having a second baby so much that is feels like he has been here for so much longer than a month!

Mother's Day brunch
With my boys
Big Brother and Little Brother
Headed to the pool
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment