Thursday, August 20, 2009

Doctor's appointment

We had my 16 week appointment today, a little bit early because my doctor will be on vacation next week. Nothing too big as far as Monkey is concerned, although Monkey is sitting right on my bladder! We got to hear the heartbeat again, it went from 137-147 so I think the doctor woke it up! We also got a lot of questions answered about delivery. (I like to know these things way ahead of time). One of the big things we learned was that if I deliver during the day on a weekday she will be the one delivering Monkey. She said she usually ends up delivering about 75% of her patients, so those are pretty good odds to me! We also learned that she is really laid back as far as how we want delivery to go and seems to listen to the patients wishes (as long as it is not a medical necessity). We spent about 25 minutes asking questions and she was so helpful and didn't mind answering any of our questions. I love my doctor! She also asked about my protien intake and suggested I keep an eye on it for a few days to make sure I am getting at least 50g a day (which I am) because I haven't gained much weight. So that is definitely something for me to watch. Hopefully my weight will start to catch up soon!

Other exciting news from the appointment...we have a date set to find out if Monkey is a boy or girl. September 3rd...two weeks from today! I am super excited to find out and to see Monkey again. We also found out that we will be having a level 2 u/s with a perinatologist to take a closer look at Monkey's heart. This is just precautionary because of the heart condition that my dad had. But I am glad she wanted us to have that done. That won't be scheduled until after I am 20 weeks so Monkey is bigger and the heart is bigger.

Other than that, nothing really new. My next appointment with her will be in 4 weeks for just a regular check up.

2 comments:

  1. Did you ask her about the H1N1 vaccine? I've heard lots of conflicting things from different people's doctors. I'm going to ask mine about it next week. I'm very leery of it since it is so new, but I guess I'll ask my OB and my PCP and see what they both say.

    HURRY UP SEPTEMBER 3rd!!!!! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete