Sunday, November 29, 2009

30 Weeks

We (and my mom since I am not supposed to be doing that much) spent Friday and today putting up our Christmas decorations! Everything looks wonderful, but we may have to revisit the idea of lights on outside of the house next year. That was a big pain! But we got a great deal on a new tree (our old one was a Charlie Brown sad looking tree). There are a few more things we need before it is all done, but hopefully we will get those this week and then I will post some pictures! I love having more space to decorate in! This is my favorite time of year (as far as holidays, the cold weather not so much) and I absolutely LOVE Christmas music, so Jake will hopefully come out loving it as well because that is basically all I listen to during this time!

Weekly Update
How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +23lbs
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively maternity clothes except lounge clothes
Stretch marks? Nope and I would be ok if I went the whole time without them
Sleep: I am getting a little more uncomfortable sleeping, but for the most part I still sleep pretty well. I have been more tired this week though.
Best moment this week: Seeing Jake and how big he is getting!
Movement: Jake is still moving everywhere! I am scared for how much he will move when he is born!
Food cravings: food in general, it was everywhere this week so that contributed
Labor Signs: Nope...but I am having lots of Braxton Hicks
What I miss: Working out...one more week and I can go back to it hopefully
What I am looking forward to: Birthing classes next weekend!
Weekly Wisdom: It is frustrating but good to not have answers some times
Milestones: Hosting our first Thanksgiving in our house

Jake's Update

Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (well we already know he is most likely a little bigger than this) (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day (hopefully a good part of the night too!). When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from her face.

Excuse how I look in these pictures. We realized on Sunday night we hadn't taken a picture and we were getting ready to go to bed. I'll be extra pretty in next week's to make up for it!






















1 comment:

  1. You are moving right along! After Christmas..he'll be here! So exciting!!

    ReplyDelete