To labor and delivery that is. I spent the majority of my day hanging out being monitored. I was bleeding again yeserday morning, same as before, there was some there and then nothing else. I decided to wait until the doctor's office opened instead of calling the on call doctor. I was hoping they would let me wait until today since I already had an appointment and u/s scheduled. No such luck. At 10:15 I got a call back from the nurse saying my doctor wanted me to come in ASAP to get monitored and have an u/s. Unfortunately I was at work, so I had to leave work at 10:20 so I was only there for 2 hours and missed birthday celebrations and PT month celebrations. I was actually hoping I would be able to get back in time, but I didn't. I had called Josh and we decided he would stay at work for the time being and save his vacation days and if there was something going on he could come at that time. So my mom met me up there, I got checked in and hooked up to the monitors. Jacob's heartrate was great! So apparently none of this bleeding affects him at all! They then took me up to the perinatologist that I saw at 24 weeks to get an u/s. He checked everything out and said he couldn't find a reason for the bleeding. Everything looked good and my cervix was long and closed. And he also said Jake is probably going to be a big baby, he is about 3lbs 9oz right now! (Keep in mind these are based on a few measurements and rarely does a baby actually weigh what they guess from an u/s). But he was in there moving around, and has chubby cheeks already! And LONG legs!
So after the u/s they took me back down to l&d for more monitoring. I finally got some food (my mom went and found the deli after we got the ok for me to eat) and the nurse talked to my doctor. She wanted to keep me for another 2 hours or so to continue monitoring me. So I sent my mom back to work since we were just sitting there, and there is nothing really to do in triage and it is a tiny little room. Of course about 15 minutes after that my doctor comes down to check me out. She checked my cervix again to make sure it wasn't soft, she thinks that is where the bleeding is coming from, but she is not sure why. So she told me to take it easy for 10 days. And she said I could reschedule my appointment for 2 weeks later. She said I could go home at 2, but I was having contractions, which I couldn't feel, regularly. So the nurse paged the doctor again to let her know this (she said it was fine for me to go) and I ended up being there until 3. Then they finally let me go home.
Hopefully I won't have any more bleeding and there will be no more trips to l&d until I am in labor! Please God let me stay out of l&d!
We are hosting Thanksgiving this year so we have stuff to get done today, but I am being limited in what I can do. Boo! So it looks like Josh and my mom will be doing a lot of the work and I will be sitting alot, not so fun. But I guess if that's what I have to do then that is what I will be doing!
oh goodness!! Take it easy lady!! I'm glad he's doin ok though!
ReplyDeleteThat's scary!! Hang in there lady!!
ReplyDeleteYou stay out of L&D!!! Let me go in your place PLEASE! =) Glad you are both doing ok. I think it is probably a good idea for you to rest for a bit just to be safe. No more contractions!
ReplyDelete