Sunday, March 14, 2010

6 Weeks

I cannot believe my baby is 6 weeks old already! He has grown so much already, I tell him everyday to slow down. He is awake much more now and likes to know exactly what is going on at all times. Nosey little boy.

He has had a lot more too look at lately too. We have been getting out of the house a lot more (although it takes about 5 times as long to actually get out of the house). We try to go on a walk everyday, well when it is nice out. Hopefully those days will be more frequent now and we will be able to go everyday, I like getting out of the house everday without having to pack up and get into the car!

Jake is smiling a lot more now, mostly in the mornings. He is really happy when we wake up in the mornings and will lay there and smile and laugh at me (and Josh on the weekends). He is starting to be more interested in toys and will lay under his play gym for 15-20 minutes at a time. Today he figured out how to hit the rattle on there and did that for a while. Yesterday we were at Grams house and he hung out outside with us for a while. He seems to like being outside, other than the bright sunlight. We need to get him some sunglasses!

We also visited my work this week. Everyone thought he was cute and wanted to hold him, which he slept right through! (Until he was hungry!) We are headed to Austin next weekend for his first road trip. We are hoping he sleeps most of the way down there and are going to do our best to time the driving out so we don't have to stop too much but I think no mater how much we plan it is kind of up to Jake how it goes!

Here are some more pictures that I haven't shared yet!

Closest thing to a smile I have gotten on camera

He fell asleep in our bed while eating and I just let him sleep there
My two babies sleeping in our bed
Holding the paci in himself at Presley's party (you can see some of Presley's loot in the background)

1 comment:

  1. He is such a cutie pie! Hard to believe he is 6 weeks already! He is so beautiful! Auntie April can't wait to get her hands on him again! (since I didn't get to hold him at Presley's party....what a mad house huh?!)

    ReplyDelete