We went this weekend because it was the last weekend of Josh's spring break and we would be able to leave earlier on Friday so we could take our time getting down their. Unfortunately for us it was also the weekend of SXSW, a big music festival, and the rodeo in Austin, along with the last weekend of spring break for all the colleges in Texas. A normally 3.5-4hr drive took us almost 6.5 hrs. Traffic was absolutely horrible, stop and go most of the way down. Which also meant we had to stop more times than we had planned to change and feed Jake. Poor baby was just ready to be out of his carseat! We are really hoping that by this summer he will be entertained by some toys so he doesn't get so antsy when we drive to Michigan! Right now the things that entertain him would require him to be out of his carseat.
We had a great visit with Teresa, Brad, Gabrielle, and Emmylou. It was great to spend time with them and I hate that we don't get to see them more often. I am a bad mommy and didn't get a ton of pictures though.
Miss Gabrielle posing
Trying to get Emmylou to stand next to Jake (she didn't know what to think of him)
You can see how petite Miss Emmylou is! She is 11 months and Jake is only 6-7 inches shorter than her!
I tried to get a picture with all three of the kids, Emmylou was not interested anymore and walked off!
We had a great time this weekend and were really glad we weren't home for the lovely 6 inches of snow that fell today! I am not sure about this whole global warming thing when we have seen something like 17 inches of snow this winter! Josh and I have contemplated moving to Hawaii so we can avoid the snow!
Josh heads back to work tomorrow and I start week 7 of maternity leave, only 5 weeks left and that makes me really sad. It will be beyond hard to leave him during the day. I am glad I love my job, I am hoping that will make it a little easier.
More pictures from the last week or so!
Hanging out under the play gym, he likes it!
He figured out how to hit the haning toys
Bath time with daddy! He loves bath time usually, but of course the day I get the camera out he decides he is not happy about it
The end of a laugh while hanging out in the bouncy seat, he (and we) loves the bouncy seat!
No comments:
Post a Comment