Sunday, March 28, 2010

Playdate!

Jake had his first playdate last Wednesday with Austin (who is two weeks older than Jake). Kathleen came over to our house with Austin and then we took the boys to the mall. The boys took turns crying and we walked around the mall for a while, ate some lunch, and walked around some more. It was nice to get out of the house during the week and have someone to talk to instead of just hanging out by myself! And it was nice to have Kathleen to talk to and share all of the stuff the boys are doing. We are planning on having lots more playdates. I can't wait until the boys are old enough to actually play with each other.

The boys were worn out!

Jake finally really enjoys his baths and just stares at himself in the mirror the whole time he is getting a bath. He really seems to like the water and he has taken a few baths with me when he got really fussy a few times. He stops crying as soon as he gets in the water. I think part of it is he likes being naked! He always starts smiling when we take his clothes off to take a bath. I hope he likes the pool as much as he likes the bath. I can't wait for Memorial Day for the pool to open, we will be headed there as soon as it is open!


In the big bath
















Getting a bath with daddy

After asking constantly when she was going to get to babysit Jake we finally gave Grams the chance to watch him for a few hours on Saturday. Josh and I took Cosmo out to the dog park and went and grabbed some lunch. Nothing big but it was nice to take Cosmo out (no babies allowed in the dog park). Although I can't say it wasn't weird to not have him with us. It is easier to leave him with Josh while I go to the gym. I guess I feel like one of us should have him so when we are together without him it is odd. I know that soon I am going to have to leave him during the week with someone else so I guess I need to get used to it. Although I wouldn't be surprised if I cry when I do have to do that.

Hanging out with Grams

This is his pooping face, he decided he needed to poop as soon as Grams started holding him


SMILEY BABY!


Smiles while mommy works out with him


We finally caught some good smiles on camera so we took a lot!



No comments:

Post a Comment