Saturday, June 25, 2011

Paci Free!

Woohoo! We have been paci free for 2 weeks now! Jake had stopped using the paci at Mrs. Mary's a few months ago so we wanted to get rid of it at home too. He only used it at naptime and bedtime and it didn't leave the crib so fortunately we didn't have a whole lot of time to deal with meltdowns. The first week or so he would fuss at naptime for a while before sleeping and used nursing as a replacement to help him fall asleep at bedtime. Unfortunately, he would wake up when I tried to put him down at bedtime, so for the first few days I would rock him after nursing then he would cry for a minute before calming down and sleeping. But this week, no fussing, no nursing to sleep, and no rocking to sleep!

I really tried to avoid even using the paci, but I'm glad we were able to get rid of it pretty easily and early.

No comments:

Post a Comment