Sunday, June 12, 2011

Pool Party

Another busy couple of weekends here. We spent last Saturday at a rugby tournament in Denton, where Jake got his first Jake-sized rugby ball. He loved all the people out there and started a game of toss with a few different random guys. He is just so friendly. He would grab a rugby ball and take it to someone and say please and want them to throw it for him. He was even nice enough to chase down some balls and return them a few times.

Yesterday was spent at the Morrow's for Tom's annual pirate birthday party. We were over there for a little over six hours and I think Jake spent at least 4.5 of those in the water. They had some inflatable turtle ride on float thingys that he loved being swam around on. I am so amused at how much he loves being in the water. We only took him out of his swim diaper for a little while because he wanted right back in the pool and it was too much of a pain to keep changing him between a regular diaper and a swim diaper. Every time he got near the water he was in it. He also figured out how to jump/walk off the edge into the water and just had a blast with that. And as usual, he charmed everyone by saying "hi!" and made sure everyone told him he was cute. When we left there, about an hour after his bedtime, he was out in less than 5 minutes. Kid wore himself out!

In other Jake news, he has started some new fun things at home. He does his happy dance, which he has done for a while randomly, on command now and thinks it is hilarious. He especially loves to follow it with spinning in circles and saying "weeeee!" I got a short video of it one night that I am working on uploading. The first night he started this we all were in his room for about 20 minutes before bedtime laughing hystarically. Of course the more Josh and I laugh, the more he does it and laughs.

Tantrums are also more frequent, although I think we have gotten a pretty good handle on how to deal with them and stop them before they get into all out on the floor tantrums. He usually get frustrated because he is trying to tell us something and doesn't have all the words he needs yet, although sometimes it is because we won't give him what he wants. In the last few days he has started taking our hands and putting them on what he wants or taking us to what it is he wants. I am still amazed at how much he learns every day. I love watching him grow up (even though I am still sad that he is growing up so fast!).



 Swimming around on the turtle

 Birthday boy
Pirate baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment