We had a super busy Memorial Day weekend here! Saturday was Josh's 30th birthday and Grandpa and Grandma Rodriguez came up for the weekend. After sending Josh to see a movie with his dad I got started on preping for the surprise party I had been planning for months! After calling Josh to make sure he was headed to the Nike outlet and wasn't going to be home too early, we had a successful surprise party! Josh had no idea, which was great and it was so fabulous to see everyone that could make it! It is so much harder to get together with our friends now so it is always a treat to get to spend sometime with them.
Jake had a blast running around with the Parker's little girl Presley, playing in water, and dumping water on himself. He made it until the last guest left, 9pm! Poor kid was exhausted. But of course, he wouldn't THINK about sleeping in on Sunday morning!
After everyone took a morning nap, Grammy came over (with a wagon for Jake) and we had lunch and headed to the pool. I can't get over how much this kid loves the water. He is a little fish. With a little help from me and Josh he even did a little swimming! Went spent the rest of the weekend just hanging out and trying to catch up on rest. Jake went to sleep an hour early on Sunday night. I think he has finally caught up on his sleep now though!
Happy Birthday!
I tried to get one with Presley and Jake but Presley moves to fast for my camera so they are all blurry!
Attempting to be a big boy and drink from a bottle of water
Cool kid in his cool new wagon
Swimming to daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment