Birthday Party
Jake's 3rd birthday party was today. Apparently he is turning 3 soon, I am in denial that we will have a 3 year old. I mean really, a 3 year old?! How did he get to be 3?! A 3 year old and a new baby?! Are we even old enough to have 2 kids? Sometimes I just can't fathom that we are. Of course, I wouldn't trade any of it for anything, but still, wow.
So back to the party. We had decided to have it someplace other than our house this year since we couldn't count on the kids being able to go outside and they aren't quite old enough to do party activities or games so it would just be crazy with not much to do for 8-12 kids. We picked a bounce house place, basically a place that is just a bunch of bounce houses, provides all the tableware, party attendents, clean up, etc. Jake loves bounce houses so this worked. The place has 2 rooms of bounce houses, so we got to spend 40 minutes in the first room, 40 minutes in the second room, then we had 40 minutes in the party room for cake and presents. Jake was running from the moment we got into the first room. He loved playing with all of his friends and lots of the dads (and a couple moms and one grammy) got in on all the action. The kids all played well together and I think everyone had fun! Jake was a sweaty mess by the time we were done playing. We headed in to eat some cake and open presents. We had purposely ordered a small cake for just Jake so that when he blew out the candles he didn't spit all over the cake, as he often spits when he tries to blow out candles. Of course today after everyone sang to him (and he sang to himself) he blew out all the candles in one blow with no spitting. I think he still enjoyed his cake though! He took his sweet time opening presents but loved everything he got. He was also in love with his Buzz Lightyear balloon. He was still going wild when it was time to leave and all the way home.
Overall I say it was a success!
(I am working on uploading all the pictures, I will add some tomorrow!)
No comments:
Post a Comment