Monday, March 4, 2013

Baby Shower and Other Happenings

I had my baby shower yesterday. It was at our house this time which was nice since we didn't have to take all the gifts home, but hard because it meant our house had to be super cleaned. Grammy came over Friday to help me finish cleaning and start setting up. And Jake was also super exicted that he got to see Grammy 3 days in a row this week. The shower was also small so I got to visit with everyone. I got some really cute personalized things for him which I love! We didn't really need much for him, just a few things for the nursery and some breastfeeding and pumping supplies and a few other random things that weren't around when Jake was born, so we upgraded a few things. I just need to get the monitor, a few more things for nursing, a new carrier, and a few more things for diapers then we will be set!

Josh took Jake down to the park during the shower. Of course when he got back, after playing shy for a few minutes, he was a ham and laid right in the middle of the living room. He was very excited that Owen got his own blankie, but he wanted to play with it, then said he would share his blankie with Owen when he was born. Such a sweet big brother already!

We have been busy around here once again. I have been going to the dr every 2 weeks, Josh's last appointment for his hand was the same day as my last appointment, Josh is starting therapy on Friday, and Jake and I have been doing stuff around the house, running errands, and when the weather is nice, enjoying that. We have 6-7 weeks until Owen arrives so I will be busy finishing washing clothes, bedding, blankets and diapers for the next few weeks! It is weird that we can now say we will have a new baby NEXT month!

No comments:

Post a Comment