Friday, September 25, 2009

21 Weeks

Nothing too big going on this week. Josh primed the nursery so next week I will be buying some of the bedding so we can color match the paint and buy that next weekend. It should be good and painted at least a week before we get the furniture. I also, after searching 2 Hobby Lobby's, 3 different Michael's stores and enlisting my mom to search another Michael's, found all of the wood letters for Jacob's name that we want to put on the wall. So while Josh is working on painting the nursery I will be working on painting those! Once the nursery is all painted I will post some pictures of the progress.

I cannot believe it is almost October! Although the weather the past few days has been gorgeous! But it is supposed to be warmer again this weekend. But we are headed up to North Texas for my alumni meet and Josh's alumni game tomorrow. We also want to make a point to stop by one of the stores on campus to get Jake his first North Texas outfit! I figure if we start early he won't want to go anywhere else! We will also be headed to a wedding in Denton tomorrow night (after we come home and shower and get dressed!) so I am sure we will be exhausted on Sunday!

Weekly Update

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +11 lbs...well apparently I figured out how to gain weight finally
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively maternity clothes,there are a few non maternity shirts I can wear, but those aren't going to last much longer
Stretch marks? Nope and I would be ok if I went the whole time without them
Sleep: I have been waking up in the middle of the night more often, usually just for a second and usually when I am trying to turn over and my belly is in the way
Best moment this week: Getting started on the nursery (or watching Josh get started on it!)
Movement: Lots! Kicks, squirms, flips, punches...I think he might have more than 4 limbs!
Food cravings: Water...I have been really thirsty this week
Labor Signs: Nope..Many weeks away from this.
What I miss: Fitting into my old bathing suits
What I am looking forward to: Swimming in the alumni meet tomorrow...I got a new suit!
Weekly Wisdom: If you tell people you are swimming in a swim meet at 21 weeks pregnant, they think you might be slightly crazy.
Milestones: Officially starting work on the nursery!

Jacob's Weekly Update

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements (he skipped this stage completely) turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now.

And pictures! In which I am looking large!




1 comment:

  1. You are looking very pregnant and super cute! We need to get together soon - I miss you!

    ReplyDelete