We have officially hit the halfway point in my pregnancy! That makes me happy, only 20(hopefully) more weeks until we meet our little man. Although, for those of you that I haven't told this to, Jacob will be grounded if he comes on Super Bowl Sunday, which is 2 days after his due date. Hopefully he comes before then or waits until Feb 8th! I think he will be here on his due date, just so he can go home in time to watch his first super bowl!
Josh has been keeping busy in the evenings this week getting Jake's room all taped up and ready to paint. We aren't in a huge hurry since we have time, but I can't wait to see it done! I go in there and imagine what it is going to look like when we have it painted and the furniture and bedding set up and Jake sleeping in there and I get so excited!
I had my 20 week appointment this week, just a quick one but my doctor said everything is looking good! I set up my next appointment and my appointment with the perinatologist to have a more detailed ultrasound to check on Jake's heart, in 4 weeks. Hopefully everything looks good there and we won't have anything to be concerned about. (Although I am not overly concerned because I have been checked for this my whole life and have never had any issues and have always been cleared to do everything).
Weekly Update
How far along? 20 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +9 lbs! Definitely made up some ground in the past month apparently! My dr still asked about my protein intake but apparently gaining 6 lbs in a month makes her less concerned about my weight (according to the dr's office, which is usually 2 lbs more than my scale but this is the "official" number so we will go with this one)
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively maternity clothes,there are a few non maternity shirts I can wear, but those aren't going to last much longer
Stretch marks? Nope and I would be ok if I went the whole time without them
Sleep: Most of the time I am getting a good nights sleep, although I have been waking up with calf cramps every few nights
Best moment this week: Hearing Jacob's heartbeat again
Movement: He is a mover! He usually moves the most in the evenings but I feel him throughout the day, and he isn't waking me up at night so I am hopefully he knows the difference between day and night already and will continue this pattern when he comes out (I can hope right?!)
Food cravings: Lucky Charms
Labor Signs: Nope..Many weeks away from this.
What I miss: Can't think of anything this week
What I am looking forward to: Swimming in my college alumni meet on Saturday! It should be interesting!
Weekly Wisdom: Flu shots hurt!
Milestones: Reaching the halfway point
What Jacob is up to this week:
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)
He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (I think this would be a good diaper for daddy to change :) ) (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
I have been working on this post since Friday, so I will go ahead and post it and add a picture later today.
And almost a week later here are pictures from last week!


you're swimming in the alumni meet?!?!
ReplyDeleteYea for halfway!!! You've got to have Josh take pictures of you and your belly swimming in the alumni meet!! I have to see that!!
ReplyDelete