Friday, November 13, 2009

3rd Trimester! (28 Weeks) Updated with pictures finally!

That's right, we are officially in the FINAL trimester! WHOA! This week I had my last monthly appointment, now we start having appointments every other week! At this appointment I had my glucose screening, which I found out today I passed, so no problems there. And the doctor says everything is looking and doesn't anticipate that changing at all. I also had to sign consent forms for delivery (!). Weird! My doctor had another ultrasound scheduled for my next appointment in two weeks. Another routine one, she just wants to check on his weight. I am ok with that! We get to see him again and find out how much he is weighing. We are hoping to do a 3d/4d ultrasound too in the next couple of weeks. The pictures from those are so cool and you can actually see the features in those. I need to get working on scheduling that! We also got the 3rd trimester packet with info on what to do when I go into labor and postpartum info. I can't believe we are this far already! We are getting so close but somehow I still feel like it is far away. Although I know it is going to be here before we know it.

Here is the updated to do list, I added things that obviously don't need to be done soon but need to be done by the first of the year.

To Do:

Finish nursery- should be mostly done tomorrow

Finish Jake's wall letters
Order glider
Pre register at the hospital (put on hold until we get our new insurance info, what a pain to deal with now!)
Sign up for childbirth class
Go to childbirth class
Start buying diapers
Set up furniture delivery date
Schedule 3d/4d u/s
Schedule newborn pictures
Install carseat bases in cars
Set up baby equipment
Pack for hospital
Wash baby clothes
Wash bedding
Order more diapers (need about 24)
Schedule baptism
Pre-order annoucements
Make call list for after Jake is born



Weekly Update


How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +21lbs
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively maternity clothes except lounge clothes
Stretch marks? Nope and I would be ok if I went the whole time without them
Sleep: Still getting good sleep, I actually have been sleeping great this week!
Best moment this week: Getting the furniture delivered!
Movement: Still moving around a ton. He actually kicked the doppler at the dr's office!
Food cravings: nothing this week
Labor Signs: Nope..Many weeks away from this. But I did have my first noticable Braxton Hicks contractions this week.
What I miss: nothing comes to mind this week
What I am looking forward to: My first shower tomorrow!
Weekly Wisdom: Don't eat sweets before a glucose screening...I was paranoid that I would fail! I am glad I didn't though.
Milestones: Being in the 3rd trimester

Jacob's Update

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Pictures to come tomorrow, we were busy cleaning and getting normal weekend stuff done tonight and I am too tired now.





1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! He's almost here! Just get through Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and you'll have a baby!!

    ReplyDelete