Friday, January 8, 2010

36 Weeks

Don't forget to vote on Jake's birthday, weight, and height! I added the link to the right side of the page.

Weekly Update


How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +33lbs (according to the dr's scale (mine still says 31)...and the remainder of weight posts will be from there as well)
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively maternity clothes except lounge clothes, this is not changing anytime soon
Stretch marks? Still nothing...please let this continue for another 4 weeks!
Sleep: I have been waking up about once a night just to turn over most nights. Lately I have also been waking up about 10 minutes before the alarm goes off (or would if it was a work day) and have to pee really bad and this is usually accompanied by one really strong contraction
Best moment this week: Seeing Jake one more time on the u/s
Movement: This has slowed down a great deal. Still moving but now he has some days he is more active than others and he is running out of room so it is mostly rolling
Food Cravings: Fruit snacks
Labor Signs: Some much harder contractions, usually just one once a morning. 1cm dilated and 50% effaced
What I miss: Having enough clothes to properly layer!
What I am looking forward to: Getting all the last minute things taken care of
Weekly Wisdom: Don't get overly excited about dilation at this point. You can walk around dilated for 3 weeks without actually going into labor.
Milestones: Having weekly OB appointments

Jake's Update

Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (or over closer to 7!)(like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement (that daddy will be changing  :) ).




1 comment:

  1. You are ALL belly!! So cute! Feels like forever since I've seen you guys! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete