Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby Watch 2010

So at our house we are officially on Baby Watch. Not that this means that Baby Watch won't last for 2 weeks though! But I have been having contractions, the real kind, that actually are a little painful (so much for not feeling braxton hicks meaning I wouldn't feel regular ones!), off and on for the past two days. Last night and tonight I have had periods where they are timable and about 7-8 minutes apart for an hour or so. But it seems that during the day they are just completely random and not timable at all. As of now we are still timing tonights contractions, but the orders I have from the doctor are call when they are 5 minutes apart and 1 minute long for 1 hour. So we are just waiting to see if they get closer together, more intense, or if they just stop like they did last night.

I am hoping these either result in labor sometime soon or stop happening so frequently. If this lasts for 2 weeks we might be in for a tough couple of weeks! Although if it does last for 2 weeks I am assuming real labor will be fairly short because I refuse to believe that these contractions are not causing any dilation or effacement!

No comments:

Post a Comment