We actually thought we might be headed to the hospital on Tuesday because I woke up with contractions that were 3-4 minutes apart and they didn't go away when I got into the bath tub. But about 45 minutes after they started they just stopped. And I haven't had anymore timeable contractions since then. So we are just waiting! Which means a few of the guesses on Jake's birthday are already out! It seems like most of the guesses are in the next 9 days or so. I still have my guess as to when he will show up (but I am not sharing!). If you still haven't guessed do it now!
I had one more shower this week. It was at work (and they were really glad I didn't go into labor before it happened!). It was wonderful. I wasn't expecting much, but everyone was more than generous! We got a lot of cute outfits and more great stuff off the registry that we needed. Although we did get a few things that aren't really helpful, like a giant box of disposable diapers in size 3. I'm sure we can find someone that needs those though, So we got all of that stuff washed and put away too. But the nursery is a little messy now so we have to get in there to clean it up this weekend.
Side note: Big congrats to Kathleen and Mark on the birth of their baby boy, Austin, last Friday! Kathleen hasn't posted any pictures on their blog yet, but it is on the side of our page, The Goff's. I have seen some pictures though and he is a cutie! I can't wait until Jake gets here so they can meet!
Weekly Update
How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +35lbs (yea for less water retention and swelling!)
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively maternity clothes except lounge clothes, this is not changing anytime soon
Stretch marks? Still nothing...please let this continue for another 2 weeks!
Sleep: Still kind of variable. But mostly I am sleeping pretty well still, except when I have painful contractions in the middle of night
Best moment this week: My shower at work. It was great and everyone was so generous!
Movement: He goes back and forth between very little movement and and lots of squirming
Food Cravings: Milk and cereal
Labor Signs: YES! Lots of contractions Sunday night, Monday night, and Tuesday morning. Tuesday morning I thought we were going to be headed to the hospital because I was having contractions 3-4 minutes apart! But I am still 1.5cm dilated, still 50% effaced
What I miss: Not pulling up my scrub pants every time I stand up. I think I outgrew them about 4 or 5 weeks ago, but I will continue to wear them once a week because I like wearing scrubs.
What I am looking forward to: Jake deciding it is actually time to come out! Not that I haven't been excited, but all the contractions earlier this week made me more excited for him to come out and less patient!
Weekly Wisdom: A warm bath is wonderful for contractions!
Milestones: Ummm....really the only milestone left is Jake's birth!
Jake's Update
Your baby has really plumped up. He weighs about 6.8 pounds and he's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold his hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)
Apparently I was more lazy than I thought. Here ya go April!


I know that bummed feeling! With Adleigh I had timeable contractions a few times and they were painful, for 2-3 hours and always in the middle of the night it seemed, and no progress from 37 to 38 weeks. I did have progress at 39 weeks. At 38 I was 1cm (same at 37), but when I went for my induction at 39 weeks, I was 3 cm.
ReplyDeleteI hope he comes soon!!!!!
I know how you feel too! It stinks thinking you're gonna be more dilated then when you get to the doctor you find out you arent...but hang in there! You can go from nothin to somethin really fast! (and thanks for the shout out! I'm lazy about posting pictures :)
ReplyDeleteOkay....seriously....I've been back like 5 times today to see pictures....... ; )
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! You look ready! ; ) I'm holding out for my orginal guess!!
ReplyDelete