This week I went and interviewed a couple of pediatricians. Josh couldn't go because of the times the pedi's could meet, but I relayed the info back to him and we picked one. So that is all done finally! We will just have to call the day we get out of the hospital and set up an appointment with the doctor.
We are to the point that when we go somewhere that is far from the house (and more on the way to the hospital) we are taking the carseat and hospital bag with us, just in case! I don't want to be 30-40 minutes from home and closer to the hospital and have to come back home to get that stuff if I go into labor while we are out somewhere. Although we aren't doing too much right now that is that far away.
Weekly Update
How far along? 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +38lbs! (Holy water retention! And it shows in my poor ankles and feet, hopefully it goes away soon)
Maternity clothes? Almost exclusively maternity clothes except lounge clothes, this is not changing anytime soon
Stretch marks? Still nothing...please let this continue for another 3 weeks!
Sleep: It has been variable this week. For a few nights I woke up in the middle of the night and was wide awake and couldn't get back into a deep sleep. Then last night I slept great, but I am super exhausted today!
Best moment this week: Getting the last big thing checked off my to do list
Movement: Definitely a lot less movement. He likes to shove his butt in my ribs when I am relaxing at night though!
Food Cravings: Milk, I drank a gallon in a little over 24 hours!
Labor Signs: Still a lot of contractions, but nothing painful. 1.5cm dilated, still 50% effaced
What I miss: My right foot and ankle not being swollen
What I am looking forward to: Oddly enough going into labor, right now it sounds exciting to go into labor spontaneously and not knowing when it will happen
Weekly Wisdom: Everyone thinks pregnant women are going to deliver in the next few days when they have a big belly
Milestones: Reaching full term!
Jake's Update
Congratulations — your baby is full term! This means that if your baby arrives now, his lungs should be fully mature and ready to adjust to life outside the womb, even though your due date is still three weeks away.
Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz
And just so you can see the difference between my feet! Look how swollen the right one is.


Yay for being full term! Anytime now Jake! We're ready to meet you. I did guess superbowl sunday as his birthday because babies seem to come the day we don't want them to! =) Or, I'm just trying reverse psychology so he doesn't come then! Whichever reason you like best. =)
ReplyDeleteYEA!!!! Can't wait to see the little guy's face!!
ReplyDelete